Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

God's Original Eden-Intent for Me


What Is God’s Original Eden-Intent for Me?

 I wish I had known...
 
...early in my Christian life what I see now. I began asking myself: “Where can I go to discover God’s original plan for my life before sin came in?” I discovered only two: Genesis 1 and 2 before sin came into the world, and the life of Jesus, who walked out ideal humanity. As I soaked in these Scriptures, I began to see humanity in a fuller, more radiant light. What seed-thoughts of God’s original Eden-intent do you see in Genesis 1:26-28? I see three aspects of my identity.

1. Belonging: Secure Relationship: God said let us make man in our image,” designing us for relationship, like Him. The Triune God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) enjoy an eternal, perfect, and self-giving relationship with one another, before time, now and forever. God designed us in this image. We will never become lit’l gods, although we are like Him as no other created being, uniquely reflecting important aspects of God. This Community-of-Three fashioned us as His friend for intimate relationship, to be an object of His love, to be free to choose and to love Him back. Reality begins here. Something deep within us longs to return “home” since He made us in the image of perfect relationship.

2. Competence (mission): Significant Purpose: Our Maker also created us for purpose. God created us as image-bearers to partner with Him as His co-regents, reigning with His blessing and authority, wisdom and power (“let them rule over”). The image and likeness is dynamic. God has given us authority to partner with Him now in His God-assignments. Explore and serve as His feet and hands, His voice and touch. God assigned us to reign in life, yet not independently. He is the Giver, designing us in His image to serve. He sends us to cultivate our unique world of people and to radiate His light. As we align with Him in our private/work lives, we partner in His plans and collaborate with Him.

3. Acceptance: Sincere Affirmation: God designed us to be blessed or fully accepted by Him, and to pass the same on to others (Rom 15:7). This honest and authentic blessing expresses unconditional acceptance. Blessing throughout Scripture includes communicating the unimaginable worth of those made in God’s image and likeness. This releases life and power, bringing His Father-heart great pleasure as we fulfil His calling.

With Adam’s first breath, he gazed directly into the face of God (Genesis 2:7). Since the Fall, we now seek to fulfill these legitimate, God-given needs in illegitimate ways. However, “in Christ” God restores these ABC’s of identity for His crown-jewel, restoring spirituality, calling us to belonging and purpose, releasing true beauty, partnering in His battle for justice. Our hearts yearn down deep for this!

This came from my book, Foundation Stones. I also have a web-site with tools, books and "more than Bible studies" that have helped me to live out of this spiritual DNA, www.JimFredericks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment