Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2018

MORE!

Some who have read this far may think the picture I have drawn for this all-in life is some sort of 21st century marketing hype for Jesus. You may have watched other Christians or been one yourself for a long time, and this is not your experience. Instead of letting Scripture cut across the fiber of our flesh, we unknowingly attempt to bring Christianity down to our experience. If so, each of us now knows too much to fool ourselves any longer. And if we can’t get out of life, then let’s plunge fully into life. Experiment for one year as if this is all true. It is! Plus much more.

I have not always walked out this journey well. Discouragement still plagues me at times, yet I have learned to “bounce well.” Certainly, I have attempted to be faithful on my journey. However, God’s steadfast faithfulness keeps me on track, not my performance. In God’s big-picture move through history, He always works through a remnant, a smaller part of the whole, those who are all-in. For instance, Jesus poured His life into the Twelve, focusing on the few in order to reach the many. Make no mistake. Jesus passionately pursues the entire world to restore each one to intimacy with His Father. His strategy, however, focuses on the committed remnant with full allegiance, trained to see beyond today.

As I reflect on my life, the best summary of my journey is “more.” Not more that I receive since I believe we received all we ever need at salvation. But more that we appropriate or fully embrace. Reflect.
  • If God is Father, Son and Spirit, full of eternal life, love and light, and we are His image-bearers, it only makes sense if we intend to grow into Christlikeness that God will reveal more.
  • If God’s Word is His Love-letter to His Bride where we hear His voice and feel His heartbeat, then there is more for us there.
  • If we are servant-warriors of the King of kings and He has given us His delegated authority, then more open doors await us.
  • If God instantly restored us as His beloved children and His beautiful bride when we came to Christ, then more is available in relationship with Him and with others.
  • If God causes all things to work together for good for His people, then as we penetrate the depths of trials and tough times in our lives, He has more good treasures for us.
  • If His initiating first-love constantly pours into our lives like the sands of the sea, as I respond with “Here I am, Lord. I’m all-in with You,” we will experience more of His surrounding love.
  • One great danger in the Christian life is to “settle.” If God is the God of “more,” then the only sane response is: “Full allegiance, Jesus!”

This is Reflection #50 in my book, Foundation Stones. I also have a web-site with tools, books and "more than Bible studies" that have helped me to live out of this spiritual DNA. You may want to explore www.JimFredericks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment